I’m an incurable storyteller on a creative life journey.
In my professional life I’m a strategic communications specialist and former award-winning journalist; you can learn more at my professional website.
I am also an award-winning creative writer and the author of a literary travel memoir. After a brief sojourn from the artist’s road, I’ve now taken up my first love, fiction. Currently I am writing an urban fantasy novel.
I was born in Oregon, grew up in Arizona, lived and worked for most of my adult life in Washington, D.C., and currently reside in sunny San Diego.
A Few Selected Published Works of Creative Writing
- “An Indefatigable Agenda,” essay on the creation of the most valued and expensive printed work of the 17th Century, the Atlas Maior, in the literary journal Montreal Review, 2015
- “Committed: A Memoir of the Artist’s Road,” excerpt from my 2014 literary travel memoir, in the literary journal Hunger Mountain, 2015
- “September 12th,” First Place Nonfiction Winner for the literary journal fwriction: review, essay on bonding with children after tragedy, 2012
- “The Truth About Spam,” essay on honesty and deceipt set in the Hormel Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota, in the online literary journal clamp, 2012
- “The Upset Win,” essay on life choices, in the literary journal Barely South Review, 2012 (not online)
- “Forest Foursome,” First Place Winner in the Unplug and Reconnect writing contest, 2011
- “Oxygen,” essay on parenting and creativity, in the literary blog Creative Flux, 2011
- “The Clear Monkey,” essay on childhood and divorce, in the literary journal Shaking Like a Mountain and selected works compilation Shaking One, 2011 (not online)