I’m an incurable storyteller on a creative life journey.
In my professional life I’m a strategic communications specialist and former award-winning journalist; you can learn more at my professional website.
I am also an award-winning creative writer and the author of a literary travel memoir. After a brief sojourn from the artist’s road, I’ve now taken up my first love, fiction. Currently I am writing an urban fantasy novel.
I was born in Oregon, grew up in Arizona, lived and worked for most of my adult life in Washington, D.C., and currently reside in sunny San Diego.
Please feel free to connect with me on Twitter or by email.
A Few Selected Published Works of Creative Writing
- “An Indefatigable Agenda,” essay on the creation of the most valued and expensive printed work of the 17th Century, the Atlas Maior, in the literary journal Montreal Review, 2015
- “Committed: A Memoir of the Artist’s Road,” excerpt from my 2014 literary travel memoir, in the literary journal Hunger Mountain, 2015
- “September 12th,” First Place Nonfiction Winner for the literary journal fwriction: review, essay on bonding with children after tragedy, 2012
- “The Truth About Spam,” essay on honesty and deceipt set in the Hormel Spam Museum in Austin, Minnesota, in the online literary journal clamp, 2012
- “The Upset Win,” essay on life choices, in the literary journal Barely South Review, 2012 (not online)
- “Forest Foursome,” First Place Winner in the Unplug and Reconnect writing contest, 2011
- “Oxygen,” essay on parenting and creativity, in the literary blog Creative Flux, 2011
- “The Clear Monkey,” essay on childhood and divorce, in the literary journal Shaking Like a Mountain and selected works compilation Shaking One, 2011 (not online)