The Artist’s Road is back with more links on creativity and writing. Mr. Bacon is also back, petulant at having been left off of the blog for several weeks. He’s lucky I haven’t cooked him.
- “music and the mind,” Stan Stewart, Muz4Now: Did you know music is medicine to the mind?
- “Death of a Dream: one writer’s journey from hopelessness to inspiration,” Shari Lopatin, guest post at Anthem Exposition: I confess to being a sucker for stories of journalists seeking a creative path.
“The Artist’s Path,” Paige Crutcher, Ringing out my bailalika: This is proving to be a recurring theme in original posts on The Artist’s Road and in links like this one–a writer struggles with her muse and with maintaining a blog.
- “Going Part-Time (Hard Habit to Break),” Allison Tait, Life in a Pink Fibro: Like Paige, Allison is looking for creative balance and more time and motivation for her creative writing. This daily blogger is shifting to a more reasonable post schedule.
- “7 Things I’ve Learned So Far,” by Mara Purnhagen,” guest post on Writer’s Digest: I like the novelist’s #3, “Get used to weird questions.”
- “7 Words I Never Want to See in Your Blog Posts,” Joey Strawn, FOR bloggers BY bloggers: Years ago I wrote an online grammar column. I didn’t like telling people what they were doing wrong, but I enjoy linking to others who do that.
- “Tuesday 10: How to Write When You’re Not in the Mood,” Cheryl Reif, Cheryl Reif Writes: Cheryl offers these tips at the start of NaNoWriMo. You wouldn’t want to be NoWa(nna)Wri(te)NoMo(re).