Before we dive into a few of the best links I tweeted this week, let me thank Stan Stewart (@muz4now) for naming me a “One Lovely Blog” recipient. That was lovely of you, Stan! In order to accept it I have to do some homework, however; share seven random things about myself and name fifteen other good blogs. Hmm. As for the latter, I’d be hard-pressed to choose only fifteen. As for the former, there aren’t seven things worth sharing.
- “Post-40 Bloomers: ‘Late’ According to Whom?” Sonya Chung, The Millions: Do you have to ask why a blogger who started an art-committed life at the age of 43 would tweet this? (Related: The Short-Order Writer)
- “Researching & Choosing an MFA Program,” Jenna McGuiggan, The Word Cellar: A VCFA MFA alum offers solid tips that match the post’s title to a T. Yes, I’m sharing some love with VCFAers. I’m allowed. (Related: Sharing Without Fear)
- “On Writing: Why Reading Matters,” Renee Ronika Klug, guest post on Rogue Writer: This week I was jazzed to write but didn’t want to read. Sorry, Renee. (Related: Three Authors Every Writer Should Read)
- “Where to Find Free Market Listings,” Jane Friedman: Sure, the former Writer’s Digest editor links to Writer’s Market, but would her former employer enjoy all of these links to free listings? That’s not our problem.
- “Writers’ Crazy Work Habits,” Derek Flynn, Rant with Occasional Music: On writers and their obsession with the work habits of other writers. (Related: 4 Steps to Breaking Out Your Creativity)
FYI, did you know that Mr. Bacon has a traveling jones? You’ve seen him on this site exploring central Virginia, the National Mall, and a presidential bill-signing ceremony. My blogger friend Melissa Crytzer Fry caught him exploring her ranch in Arizona. You can’t keep a good bacon strip down.