- “29 Ways to Stay Creative,” Vimeo: A fun, short video (with occasionally distracting music) that has tips both whimsical (#7, sing in the shower) and important (#16, allow yourself to make mistakes).
“Set Yourself Free,” DailyOM: This short post builds on one of the 29 above, letting go of perfection.
- “Paddling: A Creative Thinking Post,” Tanner Christensen, guest blogger at BrainZooming: Keep moving.
- “3 Things a Stuck Creative Should NEVER Say,” Marianne Mullen, Awaken Creativity: Put yourself in a positive place.
- “Will Prenatal Screening for Serious Diseases Rob us of our Creativity?” Daniel MacArthur, Wired: A shift from the usual fare of how-to posts, this thought-provoking article seemed worthy of being shared.
“10 Ways to Jump-Start Your Writing,” Sandy Ackers, Strangling My Muse: Sandy returns to my weekly round-up with good tips, including one I’ve been using lately, #5: Work on a different writing project.
- “Writing a Book: Finding Time,” Chris Brogan: The title is self-explanatory. It’s hard enough for me to find time to tweet these links and write this round-up.
- “Older and Wiser,” Martha Southgate, The Millions: Martha wonders why the industry shines so much love on young writers when those over 40 have so much to offer? This post speaks to yours truly, who turns 44 on Monday.
I can’t help noticing that several of the links I chose to tweet this week related to creating when inspiration is low. I wonder if my subconscious is trying to tell me something?