Below are some inspiring articles and blog posts on creativity I promoted this week on Twitter @on_creativity:
- “‘Wicked’ Author Explains Methods,” The Dartmouth: Gregory Maguire explains his creative process, which involves envisioning illustrated scenes before creating them in writing.
- “How Do I Keep Going?” MindRecipes: Brenda Freeman provides an exercise to help maintain motivation, helping one to understand the importance of “why.”
- “Acclaimed writer Aimee Bender’s creative process begins with boredom,” Louisville Courier-Journal: The bestselling author forces herself to be “bored” to open her mind to unconventional ideas.
- “Four Ways to Get Your Creative Groove On,” MENG: Sarah Miller Caldicott encourages creatives to be independent-minded, inner-directed, unique, and embracing of ambiguity.
- “What if We Started All Over Again?” A Big Creative Yes: Dan Goodwin encourages us to imagine ourselves to focus first on basic needs to determine what we really need to create.
- “A Creativity and Innovation Catechism,” Wally Bock’s Three Star Leadership Blog: Wally offers four commandments on creativity and innovation.
- “Preparing for Art Every Day Month,” Creative Every Day: Leah Piken Kolidas explains the campaign she’s created where people focus on doing one creative act every day for a month.
- “First Time Writer Gigs,” C. Hope Clark: A useful guide to getting published.
- “Students Decorating Shoes, Backpacks to be Sent to Haiti,” Cape Coral Daily Breeze: Meghan McCoy shares an inspiring local story.
- “Uncapping Creativity: How Do You Use Your Sharpie?” Associated Press via Fort Wayne News-Sentinel: Examples include coloring prom dresses and marking an infant to tell twins apart.
- “Grow Up,” Reflections of Me: A poster with an inspiring Picasso quote on the inner child.
Receive links like these in real time on Twitter!